- We kindly ask that all users do not attend any event if experiencing symptoms of COVID-19.
- Tickets for all events will only be bookable in groups of 2, 4 and 6.
- Groups must arrive together and stay in their social bubble of no more than 6 people during the event.
- Please always keep at least 1m apart from all other attendees.
- Masks must be worn at all times whenever users are not sat down.
- All events will be all seated, with table service for purchasing food & drinks.
- Where possible we ask that all food & drinks orders are placed via our app.
- Do not approach the bar at any time.
- Please use hand sanitiser or wash your hands upon arrival & regularly during the event.
- Details must be provided for NHS Test and Trace when entering the venue to permit entry.
- We ask all users to respect and use the new one-way system in place at the venue.
- Please only leave your seat to go to the toilet and wear a mask whenever you are not seated.
- All performances will have a strict 10pm curfew.
- An updated list of rules and guidelines will be sent to you the week of the performance.
- The Cheese and Grain management will have a strict ejection policy for anyone breaking these rules.
JOHN OTWAY is a totally unique performer and self confessed ” Rock & Roll’s Greatest Failure”.
By turns, a sensitive songwriter and totally out outrageous on stage, he first hit the headlines after making a sensational appearance on the Old Grey Whistle Test in December 1977 whilst performing his Top 30 hit ” Really Free”.
The unforgettable performance has achieved legendary status after he vaulted on to the PA tower which promptly overbalanced. The Independent reported “He brought down the speaker stack but fractured no bones when he landed on the sharp corner of a bass cabinet as the impact was cushioned by his testicles!”
Often appearing alongside Wild Willy Barrett, John has built up a loyal cult following who assisted greatly in 2002 when he was asked what he wanted for his 50th birthday and he said “A second hit!”
A concerted drive at grassroots level saw his track “Bunsen Burner” reach Number 9 in the Singles Charts and gain him an appearance on Top Of The Pops. He not only achieved his ambition but was then able to release a Greatest HITS album!
Age certainly hasn’t diminished his enthusiasm and athleticism so always expect the unexpected during his act with his hilarious on stage antics having to be seen to be believed!
Cheese & Grain, Market Yard, Justice Lane, Frome, Somerset, BA11 1BE
We can be contacted on 01373 455 420 or click the Contact button at the bottom of this page.
Taking care of your ticket
Your ticket's barcode is unique. Don't share the barcode of your ticket with anyone, especially online, as it may be used to sell your ticket without your knowledge.