After careful consideration and consultation following the Government’s announcement that all legal restrictions for social distancing measures will be removed from Monday 19th July, Cheese and Grain would like to share the guidelines, which will be in place for the return of full capacity of events starting from 21st July.
1) We will not be insisting that customers attending performances provide certification of a “COVID-passport” However, we feel that prior to attending any public event it’s the personal responsibility of the individual to ensure every action has been taken to help stop the spread of Covid. As such we recommend that customers
* Get vaccinated as soon as is possible
For information on how to book your vaccination please visit https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/book-coronavirus-vaccination/
*Take a lateral flow test no earlier than 48 hours prior to the event
For information on how to obtain a free lateral flow test please visit https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/testing/regular-rapid-coronavirus-tests-if-you-do-not-have-symptoms/
2. Under no circumstances should you attend any event at the venue if you have Covid symptoms or may have come into close contact with anyone who is infected. If you fear you may be infected please keep others safe by isolating at home.
3. The Cheese and Grain in May 2021 have installed a state-of-the-art new ventilation system in the main hall of the building. This system allows for the complete circulation of new air into the building every 6 minutes. This system will be constantly in use during the duration of events in the venue.
4. We will be fully supporting all users of the venue including staff where possible to wear face coverings. This is not mandatory and will be a personal choice for everyone in the building. We ask that all users respect people’s personal decisions on this matter. Hand sanitising stations will be kept in the venue and we recommend that customers make regular use of them during the duration of their visit.
5. Where possible we will be asking customers to continue to pay with contactless payment to reduce the amount of unnecessary physical contact.
6. The venue will be continuing with increased cleaning, with more regular cleaning of touch points and all regularly used surfaces.
The Cheese and Grain remains committed to opening as an inclusive and safe environment to all our users and the wider local community. As such we are asking all visitors to work in partnership with us to do their part to help stop the spread of Covid and be kind and considerate to all fellow visitors and staff.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Rob@cheeseandgrain.com
We hope to welcome you back safely to the venue very soon.
Cheese & Grain